Not all whey protein powders are created equal. Whey protein is a natural product that comes from cow’s milk, which means that the way the cow is treated and fed during its life have a big impact on the quality of the product.
Most whey protein powders on the market are produced from milk that comes from intensively farmed cattle. Although this industrial approach to manufacturing drives down costs, it also compromises the quality of the final product. Grass-fed whey protein powder is a natural alternative that is more effective and better for your health.
Five Reasons Why You Should Choose All-Natural Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powder
1. Cows evolved to eat grass. However, many conventional dairy farmers are ignoring nature and feeding their cattle a grain-based diet. Because corn and other grains are so low in nutrients compared to the lush green grass the cows evolved to eat, farmers have to give growth hormones to their cattle to make them grow quickly into big milk-producing profit machines. Experts are worried that exposure to the bovine growth hormone rBGH could increase the risk of cancer in humans.
2. Grass-fed cows are healthier, which means they produce healthier milk. Cows raised on big dairy farms are usually kept indoors in crowded conditions, which raises their stress levels. That kind of treatment is not only bad for the cows, it’s also bad for their milk. Stressed cows have higher levels of LDL cholesterol – the “bad” cholesterol that leads to heart disease. The LDL cholesterol is passed on to humans who consume whey protein and other dairy products made from the cows’ milk.
Grass-fed cows are allowed to roam outside to feed at their own pace on rich, green pastures. This healthy lifestyle means that they produce milk with less LDL cholesterol. Do your heart a favor â€“ choose grass-fed whey protein powder.
3. All-natural whey protein powder contains no harmful chemicals. Intensively farmed cattle are given antibiotics and hormones to try to overcome the effects of a toxic environment that makes them sick. Along with chemicals and genetically modified ingredients in the grain mix that the cows are fed, these dangerous substances are passed into the cows’ milk, creating a potential health hazard for anyone who consumes dairy products made in this way. Choosing an all-natural whey protein powder keeps you safe from these harmful chemicals.
4. Grass-fed whey protein powder contains a better mixture of amino acids. Cows that feed on grass take in a greater range of amino acids than those that eat only grains, which they pass on in their milk. Whey protein powder must contain the full range of essential amino acids to be effective for building muscle and maintaining a healthy body.
5. Grass-fed whey protein powder contains omega 3. Omega 3 fatty acids are essential in supporting the functions of your body and brain. Most people don’t take in enough omega 3 fatty acids in their diets. By eating grass-fed whey protein powder, you can boost your omega 3 intake, which will promote your overall health. Conventional whey protein powder does not contain anywhere near as much omega 3 as grass-fed whey protein powder.
Is Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powder Worth the Cost?
Although all-natural grass-fed whey protein powder can be more expensive than other protein powders on the market, it is definitely worth it. If you’re serious about your health and fitness, why would you waste your money on a substandard product? Choose grass-fed whey protein and see the benefits for yourself.